Learn to Sew
Join A Class Today!
Just the Basics | Intro to Sewing 101
Do you know how much you need to know to successfully complete your sewing projects which has nothing to do with your sewing machine? In this Intro class, you’ll learn all that stuff so you can leap confidently into your newbie sewing projects! SewEz2Sew equipment will be available at class so students DO NOT need to bring their own sewing machine. For ages: Adults & Teens 16+.
Never Barely Ever | Beginner I
If you wish you knew how to take on projects with that old dusty or sparkly new sewing machine of yours, this is the class for you! If you’ve never threaded the machine or even unwound the power cord, graduates of this class head home with confidence & know-how! Students should bring their own sewing machines to this class. For ages: Adults & Teens 16+.
Beg. Hand Sewing for Kids
Jedi-Younglings start off learning sewing safety first, then terms and tools, threading and knotting. Creating bird’s nests is inevitable so we always take the time to work through fixing problems so you’ll feel confident getting out of jams back at home. Spacing, planning and contruction are covered with your practice project. Everything is hands-on so you’ll be busy the entire class! For ages: mature 6 – 8 yo.
Beg. Machine Sewing for Tweens
Stuff You’ll Learn
- Basic sewing terms & tools
- Machine basics
- Thread | Bobbin winding, threading
- Tension adjustments
- Creating and Fixing problems
- Sewing machine needle – replacing | sizes | types
- Common stitches
- Throat plate stitching guides
- Seams – types | straight | curves
- Seam finishings
- Seam ripping
- Fabric basics – woven v stretch, selvages, cutting on the fold, cross/lengthwise stretch and grain, fabric prep
- Working with woven fabrics
- Reading fabric bolt sticker
- Reading a pattern
- How to layout pattern on fabric
- Stitching seams – stop | start | lengths | seam allowance
- Stabilizing | Interfacing
- Assembling garment or project
- Measure yourself for pattern sizing
- Different presser feet
- Creating button holes
- Installing Zipper
- Basic clothing repairs
- Working with elastic
- Working with hoop/loop fastener
- Working with snaps
- Techniques for working with slippery, bulky, ‘sticky’, stretchy fabrics
- Uses for fabric scraps
- And more
Why Choose Us
Small Groups & Flexible Skill Building
Meet Our Team
Jedi Sewing Coach
A hobby since elementary school, it’s wonderful to meet people enthusiastic about sewing. It’s so rewarding to help others become confident in new skills, then watch them step into one creative and challenging project after another. It’s amazing what you can accomplish with a good beginning. And I strive to make sure all my students have just that.
Substitute Jedi Sewing Coach
On the very off chance your primary Jedi Sewing Coach gets sick, a substitute Jedi Master Sewer will coach your class that week.